Monday, September 20, 2010

Week 1 of my life without a car

The first week of my Zipcar® Low Car Diet has come to an end, and so far, it has been quite a rewarding challenge. I have logged numerous miles via transit (bus and rail), pedestrian and carpool. MARTA has been the true champion as its Route 16 has twice come in handy: when I needed to get home from Emory University, and when I went from home to the Carter Center.
My feet have also carried me a long way. I have walked to bus stops, MARTA stations, home and even dinner. I must have logged more than 10 miles on foot alone.

Finally, I have to give props to all my colleagues and friends who have given me rides to meetings and appointments around town. I do my best to minimize these requests and certainly make every effort not to inconvenience anyone. One surprise of the week is that I have not needed a Zipcar. I guess I will continue to bank the credits for another week.

More about the Low Car Diet promotion in this AJC story.

Follow the progress of all Low Car Diet participants.

No comments: